21/02/2020 0 Comments
Considering Invisalign as an Adult?
It’s never too late to have that perfect smile you always wanted. If you are an adult with misaligned teeth, you are probably anxious about the stigma that comes with braces. You can relax and stop worrying about it as there is an alternative to traditional braces, which is Invisalign. Adults can consider it as an effective treatment that doesn’t cause any embarrassment.
At Integrity Dental, our team of dentists have been providing quality dental services since 2004. These range from general dentistry to cosmetic dentistry; our team is committed to helping you and your family with the quality dental health you deserve.
We have prepared this blog to let you know how Invisalign can help adults in solving their orthodontic problems.
What is Invisalign?
It is one of the latest orthodontic treatments that use plastic aligners for slowly shifting teeth to desired positions. The shapes of the aligners change over time as the teeth move and the time for the procedure can be anywhere between six months to two years. The mouth pieces are completely invisible and removable, making it easier to eat and maintain self-confidence.
Invisalign treatment is great for treating many dental problems, such as:
- Underbite - It is a condition where the lower teeth extend outward over the upper teeth. It creates an unsettling appearance and can also cause speech issues.
- Overbite – This happens when the upper teeth protrude over the bottom layer. While a slight version is common in most people, a pronounced one can lead to various health issues such as teeth grinding, TMJ and pattern headaches.
- Crossbite – It is a form of misalignment of teeth where the lower and upper teeth do not line up correctly when the jaw is closed. This can cause teeth grinding along with gum disease and accelerated teeth decay.
- Uneven spacing – This can refer to missing teeth, small gaps or even overcrowded teeth. This creates space for food to get stuck, resulting in the growth of bacteria, bad breath and cavities.
- Crooked teeth – This happens due to overcrowding of teeth or when teeth grow incorrectly.
Your dentist will do a complete assessment before suggesting which type of braces you should use. Invisalign’s capacity to treat severe orthodontic problems is limited. For extensive issues, you must start with traditional braces and eventually switch to Invisalign.
Advantages of Choosing Invisalign
It has many benefits over other types of braces, with the primary one being they are almost invisible. Let’s see a few of the other reasons to have Invisalign:
- No food restrictions – Since the mouth pieces are removable, you can take them out before you eat. This way, you won’t have to fret about food getting stuck as with traditional braces.
- Easy cleaning – With traditional braces, tartar and harmful plaque can build up around them. This problem doesn’t arise with Invisalign as you can buy a cleaning system to easily clean the aligners.
- Computer modelling – Invisalign treatment allows your dentist to use computer simulations to map your mouth. This generates an accurate estimate of how long the procedure will take. It also enables dentists to update the progress, make easy adjustments and create a model for expected results.
Let Integrity Dental Help
We offer Invisalign services for teenagers and adults in Lethbridge, who are looking for an alternative to traditional braces. Consult our Invisalign-trained doctor and map out a customized plan for the treatment. Our experienced dental staff will always put your comfort first during the procedure.
For information on selecting the right family dentist, read our blog post - The Importance of Choosing the Right Family Dentist
Call us to learn more if you are considering Invisalign treatment in Lethbridge.